EMP Shield Testing
EMP Shield is a family of incredibly robust EMP, solar flare, and lightning defense technologies.
They have been designed to exceed the US Military requirements for protection against a high-altitude nuclear detonation that results in an electromagnetic pulse. This family of products has been tested at Keystone Compliance, a DOD Certified Testing Laboratory, to verify compliance with the following Military Standards:
MIL-STD-461-RS105 Transient electromagnetic pulse of up to 50 kV/m, double exponential wave with a rise time in the nanosecond range, that is applied to the equipment under test (EUT) at least 5 times. We tested at 50 kV/m and also 90 kV/m (80% above required testing voltage).
MIL-STD-188-125-1 High Altitude EMP
MIL-STD-461G Control of Electromagnetic Interference
MIL-STD-461-CS-115 The purpose of CS115 is to test an electronic or electrical system to withstand signals coupled onto the test unit’s associated cabling. The test unit will be subjected to rise and fall times, pulse width, and amplitude as specified on Figure CS115-1 at a 30 Hz rate for one minute;
MIL-STD-461-CS116 applies to 10 kHz to 100 MHz for all interconnecting cables, including power cables, and individual high side power leads;
MIL-STD-461 CS117 apples to all safety-critical equipment interconnecting cables and non-safety critical equipment with interconnecting cables/electrical interfaces that are part of or connected to equipment performing safety critical functions. The goal is to test the unit’s ability to withstand lightning transients coupled onto the test unit’s associated cables and power leads;
MIL-STD-464C Electromagnetic Environmental Effects Requirements for Systems.
Our test results show that we begin shunting the over-voltage condition in less than 1 nanosecond, and our units are designed to shunt over 100,000 Amps per phase. Our devices are scalable to any size.
Summary of capabilities:
- Quick acting HEMP surge protection that switches in less than 500 trillionths of a second.
- High current shunting capability above 100kAmps.
- Exceeds MIL-STD-188-125-1, MIL-STD-464C, and MIL-STD-461G requirements.
- Units are designed to protect power, control, data, communications, and radio antenna input.
Made to support:
- Models available for all Single & 3-Phase Power configurations
- Models available for all DC Voltages
- Models available for Data, Ethernet, RS-485, RS-422, RS-232, Etc.
- Models available for RF Communications, Antennas, coax, Etc.